Proceedings of the IEEE is celebrating its centennial year of publication during 2012. Many exciting features and events are being planned to mark this wonderful occasion! A Centennial Special Issue was published in May 2012, in honor of the founding and election of officers of the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE), a predecessor engineering societies, on 13 May 1912.
The Centennial Special Issue is now available to all readers on IEEE Xplore (Click here) so that the wider IEEE and engineering communities can participate in our Centennial Celebration and have an opportunity to sample some of the diverse topics that are routinely covered each month in this journal.
Plans are currently underway to hold a Engineering Innovation Forum in Washington D.C. on 28 and 29 September, 2012. The general theme of this forum will be: improving quality of life through engineering innovations.
The forum will be comprised of globally recognized leaders from each of the following subject areas:
- new perspectives on education, innovation, and entrepreneurship;
- integration and synergy of nano-bio-info-cogno (NBIC) technologies;
- advancing the frontiers in energy and sustainability engineering;
- exploring the link between art and media engineering with entertainment;
- shaping the future of healthcare engineering and informatics;
- advances in wireless communication and networking;
- next generation computation and computational intelligence;
- earth, subsea, and space exploration.